Thursday, January 10, 2008

Looking to the Future

Jennifer says that I can be negative. I don't view myself as a negative person I usually try to keep it real however. Many times facts are facts and if they seem to be negative then It is what is. I am very positive about our future and I truly believe that God has blessed my family with everything we need. However,  we do not save and invest in our future like I think should.

With private school tuition, travel volleyball, softball, baseball, basketball, vacations, Titans tickets, and every other expense we have over and above our normal living expenses.  It seems impossible to save enough money. We don't live high on the hog. We may need to sell the house we are in now. It is the perfect family house and we have been here for almost four years now. Jennifer and the kids love this place. I really like the house as well we have plenty of room and it is close to everything we need, but we could make over 100k and build something as big and potnetially have a smaller payment. 

It is amazing how much it costs raising a family with four kids. We budget 1200 month just for food. Ashton and Addison who are 14 years old now eat as much as I do and they are girls. Our younger ones Allie-Grace and Maddux are getting bigger as well and eat a lot these days as well. Private school is the one thing that has really changed our situation. The twins love going to Nashville Christian and compared to other private schools it is very reasonable in costs.

No comments: