I am not sure Maddux is getting into playing football. I thought he was excited about playing before practice started, but it is 95 very hot. I would not be thrilled about practicng in this heat as well. He is still getting used to wearing the helmet, which does take time. I am sure he will be fine, I have to be patient as he is one of the younger boys on the team but he is average size compared to the other boys on the team. I know he is strong enough. He has to overcome his fear on contact.
I love hitting someone with football pads on. There is nothing like it!! He is very hard headed like I was and doesn't take instruction very well. I am not sure how to teach Maddux to be aggressive and be tough. The last two practice have been much better, as once he gets out there he seems to be ok now. He did get much better and seems to be enjoying it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment